Bob Johnston, CEO and Chairman of the Board
Mark Johnston, President and Chief Concept Officer, Front Burner Brands and President, Burger 21
Mike Johnston, Vice President and Board Member
Scott Pierce, Chief Financial Officer
Cindy Haynes, Senior Vice President of Marketing
Terri Furr Hoskins, Vice President of People
Dan Stone, Vice President of Franchise Development
Jim Sullivan, Vice President of Real Estate, Front Burner Brands and Vice President, Burger 21
Shane Schaibly, Front Burner Brands Corporate Chef
Mike Lester, President of The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc.
Billy Grimm, President of GrillSmith
Front Burner Brands was established in 2011 in Tampa, Fla.
Front Burner Brands (http://www.frontburnerbrands.com) (formerly known as TGS Restaurant Management) is a restaurant
management company headquartered in Tampa, Fla. It is affiliated with the corporate owners of and its management services
extended to The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc., founded in 1975 with more than 135 locations in North America and more than 25
locations currently in development, Burger 21 with seven locations open in Tampa Bay, Fla., Orlando, Fla., and Voorhees, N.J. and 17 in development in six states, GrillSmith with six locations in the Tampa Bay area and other new franchise concepts in development. Front Burner Brands employs approximately 700 team members across all concepts. Franchised concepts contain more than 5,000 employees total.
The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc.
With more than 135 restaurants in North America, existing locations in 35 states, Canada and Mexico and more than 25 locations currently in development, The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc. (http://www.meltingpot.com) is the premier fondue restaurant franchise. Founded in 1975, The Melting Pot continues to be a memorable dining experience. Guests enjoy a choice of fondue cooking styles and a variety of unique entrées combined with dipping sauces. The menu also includes cheese fondues, salads, fine wines and chocolate fondue desserts.
The Melting Pot quick stats:
- 97 percent franchised
- Four corporate-owned restaurants throughout Tampa Bay and Tallahassee
- Average unit size – 5,400 square feet
- Franchise fee – $45,000
- Development cost – Approximately $1-1.2 million
- Royalty fee – 4.5 percent
- Guest counts since 2008 – Down 11 percent overall
With seven locations open in Tampa Bay, Fla., Orlando, Fla., and Voorhees, N.J. and 17 in development in six states, Burger 21 (http://www.burger21.com) is a “beyond the better burger” fast-casual franchise concept founded in 2010. Burger 21 is a chef-inspired brand with offerings including 21 unique burger creations ranging from hand-crafted, freshly ground beef to chicken, turkey, shrimp and tuna burgers, made-to-order salads, 100 percent Angus beef franks and an extensive shake bar including hand-dipped shakes, floats and sundaes.
Burger 21 quick stats:
- First new concept under Front Burner Brands
- Average unit size – 2,600 square feet
- Franchise sales program launched in September 2011.
- First franchise deals signed in February 2012 for three units in Orlando. Franchise deals have since been signed for 17 additional locations in seven states.
- Anticipate rapid franchise growth, single and multi-unit models
- Franchise fee – $40,000. Fee is reduced for Area Development Agreements of four or more restaurants.
With six locations in the Tampa Bay area including Brandon, Carrollwood, Clearwater/Countryside, Lakeland, New Tampa and
South Tampa, GrillSmith (http://www.grillsmith.com) is a refined-casual, chef-inspired restaurant concept established in 2004 that specializes in innovative and creative interpretations of classic American dishes that surprise the palate, engage the mind and excite the senses.
GrillSmith quick stats:
- Corporate-owned concept with six units in the Tampa Bay area
- Average unit size – 6,500 square feet
- Plan to test 5,000 square foot prototype with simplified menu and operations. If successful, franchise growth will launch. If not, regional chain joint venture model will be used for growth.
Front Burner Brands Restaurant Support Center
8810 Twin Lakes Blvd. Tampa, FL 33614
Toll Free: 800-783-0867
National Director of Marketing and Communications